1. Investigating/recording incidents, accidents, complaints and cases of ill health.
2. Undertaking risk assessments and site inspections.
3. Ensuring that equipment is installed correctly/safely.
4. Identifying potential hazards.
5. Determining ways of reducing risks.
6. Writing internal health and safety policies/strategies.
7. Compiling statistics.
8. Drawing up safe operational practices and making necessary changes.
9. Writing reports, bulletins and newsletters.
10. Making presentations to groups of employees/managers.
11. Providing health and safety meetings and training courses for employees.
12. Liaising with relevant authorities.
13. Keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current health and safety legislation.