1. Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing.
2. Arranging travel, visas and accommodation and, occasionally, travelling with the manager to take notes or dictation at meetings or to provide general assistance during presentations.
3. Screening phone calls, inquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate.
4. Meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority.
5. Organizing and maintaining diaries and making appointments.
6. Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, often corresponding on behalf of the manager.
7. Taking dictation and minutes.
8. Responsibility for accounts and budgets.
9. Taking on some of the manager's responsibilities and working more closely with management.
10. Being involved in decision-making processes.